WE ARE HIRING
RESEARCH ASSISTANT NEEDED AT KIMPACT.
- Job Type: Full Time / 6 Months
- Job Field: Social Research
- Job Title: Research Assistant
Kimpact Development Initiative (KDI) is a youth-focused nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that inspires citizen-led democratic and economic development that is fixed firmly on the principles of participation, data-driven advocacy, strong democratic institutions, and public policies. KDI uses in-depth research, capacity development, and data-driven advocacy with a bottom-up approach that focuses on individual attitudinal change amongst citizens as well as a systematic change in policy and practice towards a more supportive environment for citizen-led development. At this time, we have a desk for a Research Assistant with the following responsibility:
- Design, develop and implement study procedures, creation of datasets for analysis and ensuring data quality and confidentiality
- Research and collects data through widely accepted research techniques and procedures.
- Prepare research ethics application, data sharing agreements and study progress reports
- Analyze research data, interpret results, synthesizes information, prepare manuscripts and presentations
- Conduct literature searches and maintain citation databases
- Schedules, organize, and reports on the status of research activities.
- Plans and modifies research techniques, procedures, tests, equipment, or software management.
- Writes and edits materials for publication and presentation.
- Meets with the Head of Department regularly to maintain ongoing communication regarding the quality of the assistant’s performance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years and not above 35 years
- At least 2 years of working experience required in social research, information synthesis, and Analytical Reporting, advertising, promotion or other communications methods
- Excellent analytic and interpretive skills
- Superior writing and communication skills, including the ability to contribute to presentations, grant proposals and manuscripts
- Proficiency with appropriate analytic software and tools
- Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and bibliographic software (EndNote)
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels, interact with external partners.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take direction and work independently, taking the initiative within areas of responsibility
- Positive attitude and ability to adjust to changing priorities and growing responsibilities
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letters and current Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com on or before July 3, 2020
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- KDI is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.