EDO AND ONDO ELECTIONS AMID #COVID19: Low turnout may Mar 2020 Edo and Ondo Gubernatorial elections because of COVID-19. Yet, the majority say they will vote if COVID-19 preventive measures are put in place.
We conducted a survey across all the Local Government Areas of both Edo and Ondo States to assess the opinion and view of Edo and Ondo Indigenes on the effect COVID-19 could have on the forthcoming election as part of our analytical views on COVID-19 and Election.
Key Informant Interviews (KII) with major stakeholders and experts from Edo and Ondo States who have real-time information were conducted to get their informed perspectives on the political realities of the states amid COVID-19. The margin of error for the survey is +/-3% with a confidence level of 95%.
Edo and Ondo Indigenes expressed that Low turnout may mar the forthcoming Gubernatorial elections because of COVID-19. Yet, the majority say they will vote if COVID-19 preventive measures are put in place.
Precedence shows that Voter turnout has been decreasing while elections were conducted under a normal atmosphere. With the COVID-19 pandemic situation permeating all the countries of the world, and INEC has said they will not be postponing the Edo and Ondo states governorship elections. What will the voter turnout look like? Find out this and more from the report.
Download and read the report- Kimpact COVID-19 and Election Survey Report
- Electoral Violence: The Bane of Election Integrity. January 28, 2021
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 4 on #OndoDecides2020 September 30, 2020
- Kimpact NEVR Election Security Risk Assessment (Ondo State Full Report) September 25, 2020
- Young Leaders Engaging Their Communities for Global Action September 9, 2020
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 3 on #OndoDecides2020 September 9, 2020
- Kimpact NEVR Election Security Risk Assessment (Edo State Full Report) September 2, 2020
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 2 on #EdoDecides2020 August 15, 2020
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 1 on #EdoDecides2020 August 12, 2020
- VOLUNTEER WITH US June 25, 2020
- WE ARE HIRING June 25, 2020