Kimpact Development Initiative (KDI), monitored and documented acts of violence in other to put numbers to violence occurring in the country, to know the extent of damage, proffer solutions and recommendations on how to curb the increase of violence during the COVID-19 pandemic period.
KDI recruited 37 monitors across the 36 states and FCT Abuja to monitor and document any form of violence in their states most especially gender-based violence. The KDI project team worked with CSO partners and the media to collate data from relevant government agencies in different states for verification. A monitoring checklist was developed to guide the monitors.
The violence cases tracked and documented most especially Gender-based violence during the COVID-19 lockdown period were disaggregated and compared with violence data before COVID-19 lockdown.
Download the full infographic: Violence Infographic_violence_track
- Electoral Violence: The Bane of Election Integrity. January 28, 2021
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 4 on #OndoDecides2020 September 30, 2020
- Kimpact NEVR Election Security Risk Assessment (Ondo State Full Report) September 25, 2020
- Young Leaders Engaging Their Communities for Global Action September 9, 2020
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 3 on #OndoDecides2020 September 9, 2020
- Kimpact NEVR Election Security Risk Assessment (Edo State Full Report) September 2, 2020
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 2 on #EdoDecides2020 August 15, 2020
- Nigeria Election Violence Report Factsheet 1 on #EdoDecides2020 August 12, 2020
- VOLUNTEER WITH US June 25, 2020
- WE ARE HIRING June 25, 2020